7 Reasons to Consider Hiring a Personal Injury Law Firm
No one really expects to get into a car or truck accident but many people do. In 2015, there were more than 32,160 crashes involving motor vehicles in the United States that resulted in at least one fatality. if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault, you may have questions to ask a personal injury law firm. There are some great reasons to see out help from such a law firm. Here are some of them:
- They can let you know if you have a case. When you have been in a car or truck accident, you may not know if you have a personal injury lawsuit or not. Many people, around the world, have the idea that personal injury lawyers like to prod people into filing frivolous lawsuits but that is not the case. They can evaluate the circumstances of your situation and accident and let you know what your options are vis-a-vis the law.
- Most personal injury law firms do not charge a fee if they lose. If you go to a personal injury lawyer and they recommend you go through with a lawsuit, you do not have to worry about paying their fees unless you win. In that case, it will come out of the settlement that you are awarded so you really do not have much to lose.
- They can get experts in to tell your side of the story. When you are in an accident, there are a lot of details that need to be tracked down. A good personal injury law firm can bring in experts and investigators to build your case and collect the evidence that you will need to achieve the best outcome for your case. They can also make sure they have the police reports and will compile your medical records to get the most for you when you need it.
- You can focus on getting better. There is a lot of busywork and paperwork that needs to be done to get the best settlement for your case. There are depositions to take, paperwork to track down, people to talk to. This all takes a lot of time and effort. When you have been in an accident and have been hurt, you need to spend your time on your recovery. That is the most important thing for you to do. When you have a personal injury attorney working on your case, you can do just that.
- There are ways to settle a personal injury lawsuit, personal injury attorneys can help you go other routes. People often think that personal injury lawsuits always end in a jury trial and a dramatic conclusion to the case. The reality is very different. In the vast majority of cases, are settled outside of the courtroom. Between 95% and 96% of cases never get to trial. Having a good personal injury law firm by your side can help you find other ways to work out your settlement.
- You will get a larger settlement for your case. There is no question that when you are looking at a personal injury lawsuit, your chances of getting the kind of settlement you really need go way up when you up if you have a reputable and qualified personal injury law firm on your side. There are a lot of details to work out having the right expert to help will make a difference in the outcome of your case.
- if you do go to trial, you will want a good personal injury lawyer by your side. It is possible to go to trial and represent yourself (this is called “pro se”) but it is not recommended. No matter how great your grasp of the facts of your case and even the law is, you also have to understand the ins and outs of courtroom procedure. You are really going to want someone to help you with all of that.
No one really ever wants to need a good personal injury law firm but having one there when you do will help you a lot. After an accident, it is important to spend your time and energy getting over your injuries.