Deciding to Hire an Attorney May Help Protect You After an Accident
Are you in need of a personal injury lawyer? Maybe you have been injured in a car accident or slipped and hurt yourself while in a grocery store or other place of business? Thousands of Americans have questions to ask personal injury lawyers every single day, and many of those questions revolve around whether or not they have a legitimate claim. Below are just a few of the reasons you might need to reach out to a personal injury attorney in your area:
1. Worker’s Compensation – Personal injury lawyers will be the first to tell you that nearly all personal injury cases are settled pretrial. In fact, this is true of slightly more than 95% of the cases. Personal injury lawsuit settlements are a problem for you, and you should realize that you are the victim.
2. Slip and Fall Accidents – Slip and fall accidents are, unfortunately, also extremely common around the country today. What many people aren’t sure of is whether or not they have the right to file a claim when they are injured due to a slip and fall. A good rule of thumb is to remember that if you are in a place of business, that business is responsible for keeping you safe. That safety includes things like putting signs out if there are wet floors, wet paint, pesticides present, or other hazardous situations. If you slip and fall at a place of business that is not following these safety guidelines you may be eligible to file a claim.
3. Accidents On The Road – As you probably know, the most common type of personal injury lawsuit filed in America today has to do with vehicle accidents. In 2013 alone there were over 20,000 passenger vehicle occupants who lost their lives, and over 2 million were injured. Motor vehicles are not alone in accidents on the road. In fact, nearly 90,000 motorcyclists were injured in 2013 as well. If you have been injured in a road accident that was not your fault, you may have a personal injury claim. Ask a lawyer in your area about the personal injury lawsuit settlements you might have available to you.
Even with these facts in mind, many people still have questions when it comes to road accidents. For example:
- Do I need a lawyer after a car accident that was not my fault?
- Do I need a lawyer after a car accident that only damaged my own car or property?
- Do I need a lawyer after a car accident that happened on personal property?
Legal experts, in almost all of these cases, would advise that seeking legal advice in any accident is a good preventative measure. During the course of an initial meeting, many attorneys can decide whether or not you have a case to file. It is always better, however, to be save instead of sorry.